This page is going to be updated regularly. I need a place where ideas, thoughts, quotes that interest me and maybe you can be shared. Maybe I will expand on each of them as I have time. If you have one please send it in through the comments section.
- In a thousand years, God will not know me better now than when I am in His presence. In a thousand years, I will know God much more than I do now.
- God’s will is not followed by sitting on the sidelines cheering Him on.
- You cannot be obedient to His will by accident. You cannot be obedient by doing nothing.
- There is no chronology for God. Time is a human idea.
- God is love. Love is God.
- You have captured the heart of God. He cannot bear to live without you.
- It may be difficult for you to believe that God knows your name but He does. Written on His hand. Spoken by His mouth. Whispered by His lips.
- GOD RECYCLES. He made you out of dust.
- You can not repent of buried sins.
- There is a difference between GRACE and MERCY: Grace is a gift received, Mercy is given without qualification.
- When God takes something from your grasp, He’s not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better
- Preach the gospel at all times. Use words if necessary.
- “You are either a missionary or a missionary field.”
- Jesus made no plan B for sharing the Gospel, He had only plan A which is you and me.
- Love is a decision, love is not a feeling, love is something we decide to do every moment of every day.
- God is love. Love is God.
- Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person’s ultimate good as far as it can be obtained. (C. S. Lewis)
- Prayer is not overcoming God’s reluctance, but laying hold of God’s willingness. (Trench)
- Prayer is not getting man’s will done in heaven, but getting God’s will done on earth.
- It’s hard to stumble when you’re down on your knees.
- When we begin our day, God says to us, “Whatever you do and wherever you go, I’m thinking of you and the difference you’re making in this world.”
- Hope: Patiently waiting expectantly for the intangible to become the reality.
- In the past Jesus saved me. Right now Jesus saves me. In the future, Jesus will save me.
- Faith honors God and God always will honor faith.
- Look back on your life, and see how Jesus helped you through the difficult days.
- Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that do not matter. (Francis Chan)
- It will cost something to walk slowly in the parade of the ages, while excited men of time rush about confusing motion with progress. But it will pay in the long run and the true Christian is not much interested in anything short of that. (A.W. Tozer)
- Exercise daily – WALK with God.
- Miracles come in “I Can”, NOT in “I Can’t”.
- A Christian is a keyhole through which other people see God.
- A man’s character is like a fence. It cannot be strengthened by whitewash.
- Whatever makes men good Christians, makes them good citizens.
- If you don’t like the way you were born, try being born again.
- Christians, keep the faith…But not from others! Prevent truth decay. Brush up on your bible.
- Quit griping about your church; if it was perfect, you couldn’t belong.
- If the church wants a better preacher, it only needs to pray for the one it has.
- We were called to be witnesses, not lawyers or judges.
To be sorted:
- God inhales our praise and worship and then exhales His glory.
- Thank God for His Son, Jesus – a gift too wonderful for words!
- Death, no choice. Heaven or hell, your choice.
- You are not SAFE until you are SAVED.
- I am unique, just like everyone else.
- Many folks want to serve God, but only as advisers.
- When you get to your wit’s end, you’ll find God lives there.
- The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
- Opportunity may knock once, but temptation bangs on your door incessantly.
- God does not propose to judge a man until he is dead – so why should you?
- Peace and Love start with a smile.
- The Bread of Life never goes stale.
- When God is about to reposition your life, know the devil will begin to attack!
- God takes you, however, He finds you. No need to clean up or climb up. Just look up.
- You’re formed by God’s hands, dreamed up in His heart, and placed in this world for a purpose.
- Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, GOD smiles from above and says, “Relax, sweetheart, it’s just a bend, not the end!
- When GOD solves your problems, you have faith in HIS abilities; when GOD doesn’t solve your problems HE has faith in your abilities.
- You’ve got everlasting arms beneath you, love all around you, GRACE to see you through, and enough strength to make it too.
- Prayer is not a “spare wheel” that you pull out when in trouble, but it is a “steering wheel” that directs the right path throughout.
- Live your life so that every morning when your feet hit the floor satan says, “Oh no…he/she’s awake!”
- When you are DOWN to nothing…God is UP to something!
- Don’t wait for the hearse to take you to church.
- If you look at what you do not have in life, you don’t have anything. If you look at what you have in life, you have everything.
- What oxygen does for the body, encouragement does for the soul. It inspires us to persevere when it would be easier to just quit.
- Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God.
- Words make us or break us. Words bless us or curse us. Words heal us or make us sick.
- We create the world around us with our words. Speak words of wisdom, faith, and love – speak God’s words.
- We created our present with the words we spoke about in our past. Speak God’s words now and create a blessed and favored future.
- Do what you can for God today because tomorrow He may decide to take you home.
- Bless the Lord with souls – make yours the first.
- Living in the natural is abnormal. Living in the supernatural is normal.
- When someone tears down your dream it’s because they have given up on their own.
- To be cleansed of sin we must first acknowledge that we are sinners.
- Make the most of every opportunity to do good in these evil days.
- God understands our prayers even when we can’t find the words to say them.
- Wisdom is lost when our hearts become hardened.
- A hardened heart makes you spiritually retarded.
- Sin will always take you further than you want to go.
- Sin will always keep you longer than you want to stay.
- Will your eternal home be Smoking or Non-smoking?
- Friends don’t let friends die without Jesus.
- If God seems far away, guess who moved?
- Are you in the dark? Then follow the Son.
- Christians are not perfect and innocent, but guilty and forgiven.
- Going the wrong way? God allows U-turns.
- When God saw you – it was love at first sight.
- Famous last words: I did it my way.
- Jesus is our ‘Everything’.
- Meekness is not weakness but power under control.
- Attitude is contagious. Is your attitude worth catching?
- No two Christians will ever meet for the last time.
- I believe in the sun even if it isn’t shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when He is silent.
- If you stand for nothing, you will believe in anything.
- You can tell the size of your God by looking at the size of your worry list. The longer your list, the smaller your God.
- Some people talk about finding God – as if He could get lost.
- Darkness cannot put out the Light. It can only make God brighter.
- Unless we rely on God’s power within us, we will surrender to the pressures around us.
- The empty tomb proves Christianity. The empty church denies it.
- Two things you can count on: Death and Taxes. Are you ready for both?
- Always remember that Hell is UN-COOL.
- A temper is like a fire. If you let it get out of control, it can cause a lot of destruction.
- A Bible that is falling apart often belongs to a person who isn’t.
- If you were arrested for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?
- True love does not have a happy ending, because true love doesn’t have an ending.
- You cannot alter the will of God, but the person of prayer can discover God’s will.
- Seeing is not believing, but believing is seeing.
- It is not what you say but what you do that says what you are.
- It’s good to believe that nothing is too big for God, but it’s also good to believe that nothing is too small for His undivided attention.
- God is the Potter, Not Harry.
- Come work for the Lord. The work is hard, the hours are long and the pay is low. But the retirement benefits are out of this world.
- Even Satan believes in God.
- There are some questions that cannot be answered by Google.
- Need a new life? God accepts trade-ins.
- Hurting? No one understands like Jesus.
- When your tears of repentance meet Christ’s forgiveness, you lose your guilt and find new joy!
- God can’t heal what you won’t reveal or cleanse what you won’t confess.
- Since Jesus has gone through suffering and temptation, He is able to help us when we are being tempted.
- Nothing in all creation can hide from God. Everything is naked and exposed before His eyes. This is the God to whom we must explain all that we have done.
- Surrendering to God doesn’t weaken us, it strengthens us.
- If you insist on doing things your way, you’re delaying the surprise God has waiting for you.
- When you get right down to it…the only thing that really matters is Jesus.